- Strong understanding of relational databases and concepts
- Strong understanding of noSQL databases and concepts
- Understanding of the differences between relational databases and noSQL databases and knowing when to use which one
- Strong data modeling skills
- Hands-on experience in database migrations and the ETL process
- Experience with processing of large amounts of data (streaming and batch)
- Strong analytics skills with the ability to understand complex data models and the business meaning behind them
- Experience in Domain-Driven Design and the ability to define proper bounded contexts aligned to business capabilities
- Competent knowledge of at least one programming language (Java, Python)
- Mainframe knowledge (DB2 z/OS, IMS)
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of the financial industry
- Knowledge in one of these Kafka, Spark, Hadoop
- Transforming legacy databases into a defined target state architecture. This can range from pure migration, optimization or even re-designing data architecture to support next generation products and data initiatives.
- Leading, growing, and developing teams of data engineers to support the definition of new bounded contexts and the data migration from mainframe to cloud-native data stores.
- Supporting developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and ensuring that optimal data delivery architecture is consistent across ongoing projects.
- Effectively communicating with stakeholders and collaborating with other teams.
- Ensuring that the team adheres to software engineering best practices and ensuring the quality of the work.
- Actively contributing to improving developer velocity.
- Diversified challenges and a startup spirit backed by a leading technology company.
- Work in small teams with flat hierarchies and a strong culture of collaboration and mutual support.
- The chance to work for one of the best growing offerings of Deloitte Consulting.
- An extraordinary team spirit with team events and lots of fun.
- Flexible work hours and the option to work from home a significant amount of time.
- The option of visiting our offices in Austin, (TX, USA) and Bengaluru (Karnataka, India).
- A mentoring program that gets you onboarded and productive quickly.
- Your choice of high-end notebook: PC or Mac.